Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is a growth-oriented North American power producer headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. The company develops, acquires, operates and optimizes power generation from a variety of energy sources.
Capital Power owns approximately 4,500 megawatts of power generation capacity at 24 facilities and is pursuing contracted generation capacity throughout North America.
Brief Posting Description:
One Permanent, Part-Time (0.5 FTE) Position.
Capital Power is looking for an organized, detail orientated individual to join our Credit Risk team in Calgary. The Junior Credit Collateral Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the preparation, issuance, monitoring, reporting and maintenance of all Collateral issued and received. Additionally, this role is responsible for collateral reporting, daily reporting and other associated tasks.
The Credit Risk team plays an integral role in the success of the corporation and the candidate will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the success of the team, and the organization overall.
Key accountabilities include:
• Assist in compiling daily reports.
• Assist in compiling periodic and ad-hoc internal reports.
• Manage collateral, including: preparation, filing, monitoring, renewing and maintaining the monitoring system.
• Complete bank forms required to issue and amend letters of credit in a timely manner, including circulating those forms for appropriate signatures and liaising directly with banks on behalf of the Credit department.
• Prepare Guarantee documents, with guidance from Credit Analysts, coordinate the execution of parental guarantees, guarantee amendments, email and courier guarantee documents as required, update filing system and system of record.
• Maintain accurate records of all Collateral issued and received and update system of record accordingly.
• Assist in both issuing and responding to margin calls.
• Coordinate execution of Credit Reviews that require signoff by any Vice President.
• Monitor group email.
• Manage bank relationships regarding Letters of Credit issuances.
• Finance or paralegal post-secondary education (Diploma).
• Minimum 1-3 years' experience in a similar role.
Social Process Skills:
• Possess strong organization skills.
• Demonstrate competencies in achieving deadlines, attention to detail and working independently.
• Be able to work professionally with a wide range of individuals and be open to taking instructions from team members.
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, customer-oriented, dynamic environment and deal with multiple and often changing priorities.
• Demonstrate a track record illustrating you are a team player and can interact in a professional manner across all levels within an organization.
• Possess strong written communication skills and working knowledge of Word and Excel.
How to Apply:
Capital Power only accepts resumes via on-line application. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered for vacancies.
We thank you for taking the time to apply and expressing interest in Capital Power. We wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies, however it is our practice to contact only those individuals selected for interviews.
Capital Power is committed to providing a fair and transparent hiring process and hires capable employees with the information processing capability, skilled knowledge and application for the position.
Please apply through https://www.capitalpower.com/Careers/Pages/Opportunities.aspx under IRC6727