SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Bring your passion for nursing back to school - become a Nursing Instructor at BCIT! Now is the time to put all your knowledge and expertise gained throughout your nursing career into a role with broad impact – teaching, mentoring, and facilitating the next generation of nurses.
BCIT's School of Health Sciences Nursing program requires temporary part-time and/or full-time Instructors for Winter 2019. Opportunities may be available for Medical/Surgical, Mental Health, Perinatal, Pediatrics and Community Health expertise. We invite you to join our creative and committed group of educators. Our program is innovative in design and implements problem-based learning, seminars, labs, and practicums.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
• Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
• A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a pension plan.
• Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
• Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
• Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
• Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
• Recent clinical experience in Medical/Surgical, Mental Health, Perinatal, Pediatrics or Community Health.
• Recent experience teaching in a nursing program preferred.
• Master's degree or enrolment in a master's program (one degree must be in Nursing) preferred.
• Current BCCNP practicing license.
• Current HCP CPR.
• Current Respiratory Mask Fit Test.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency.
• Proficiency in Learning Content Management Systems (e.g., D2L, Blackboard, etc.) considered an asset.
• Demonstrated ability using educational technologies.
• Knowledge and experience of curriculum development using various delivery methods.
• Experience with online learning is an asset.
• Completion of formal courses related to teaching such as the Provincial Instructor Diploma and CASN Instructor Clinical Practice course.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Willingness to work collaboratively and assume leadership roles.
• Interest in applied research.
SALARY RANGE: $52,645 to $92,214 per annum.
Prorated based on term and percentage of appointment.
Salary based on education, experience and placement criteria as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 18SF357
OPENING DATE: September 15, 2018
CLOSING DATE: November 30, 2018
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only successful candidates will be required to have transcripts submitted directly to BCIT's Human Resources Department directly from granting institution at the time of reference checks. If applicable, successful candidates will be responsible for the completion of international credential evaluations. All appointments will be conditional until receipt of verified credentials.
To apply, visit us at careers.bcit.ca
We are only able to accept applications that are submitted on the BCIT Careers website.