Looking for a great career that offers work/life balance?
Do you like engaging with your community?
If you answered yes, then we want to talk to you about our exciting opportunities at National Passenger Services!
“I love working for NPS! The support from the team in the office, from Dispatch to Maintenance and everyone in between is exceptional! The COVID measures put in place are very reassuring and make me feel safe” NPS Team member.
Purpose of Position: To maintain conduct of passengers on bus, help ensure safety of passengers, and assist passengers in getting on and off the bus, or with walking to a bus stop.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Pass pre-employment physical examination.
- Attend and pass all pre-employment training and ongoing training as determined required by the Company.
- Attend all Company Safety Meetings.
- Report to work on time.
- Lift and operate equipment, including seat belts, tie downs, harnesses, and wheelchairs, wheelchair clamps.
- Lift and close bus doors daily and assist passengers who are boarding and exiting the bus.
- Evacuate bus in emergency situations and physically assist passengers to evacuate.
- Possess tact and diplomacy in dealing with students, parents, and school district/board personnel.
- Ensure passengers are safely seated while the bus is in motion.
- Effectively manage student behaviour by exercising communication and discipline as per Company policies, and report student discipline issues to the school and to the Company immediately.
- Practice safe work habits to prevent accidents. Report all accidents, incidents, and concerns with passengers, to the Company immediately. Safety-sensitive positions are subject to alcohol and drug testing in post-incidents/accidents, and in reasonable cause situations.
- Complete all paperwork, including route change sheets and timecards, in a timely manner.
- Assist in keeping Company vehicle neat and clean.
- Contact parents of passengers if instructed to by the Company.
- Conduct child checks to ensure no students are left behind on the school bus.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Company.
- Adhere to Company standards in conduct and customer service and follow all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook as well as local CSC work directions and instructions.
Monitor (School Bus) – Physical Demands, Sensory Demands, & Working Conditions